1 feb 2010

go on and say it



so yesterday I've attended my first catwalk ever. it was not the experience I've dreamed about so long but it was doubtless an experience.
I've learned something about the concept of sobriety.
thinking about a runaway show always made me imagine an elitè of damned elegant people, dresses of the latest collections, chic and charme everywhere. I've been slightly disappointed realizing the nowadays well-known fact that in Rome usually the things are different. even an hairdresser appointment the day before the show seem to be too much to ask around here. the worst thing I've seen around was this pair of gorgeous black heel -sorry I was not able to take a picture- wore with ugly grey and pretty old legwarmers that covered more of the half of the shoe. sometimes I think people can't really understand the difference between an "outfit" and a "bad outfit". not everything that reward you with a flash is a good picture in the end. I don't know if I'm making my point. what I do know is that I'd rather be listening to incomprehensible japanese conversations on the radio than been forced to look at that ugliness.



ieri ho partecipato alla mia prima sfilata di sempre. non è stata esattamente l'esperienza di cui avevo spesso fantasticato ma è stata indubbiamente un'esperienza.
ho imparato qualcosa sul concetto di sobrietà.
quando pensavo ad una sfilata ho sempre immaginato un elitè di persone incredibilmente eleganti, vestiti delle ultime collezioni, chic e charme in tutti gli angoli. sono rimasta leggermente delusa realizzando la ben nota realtà che a Roma spesso le cose sono diverse. persino prendere un appuntamento dal parrucchiere il giorno prima dello show sembra essere chiedere troppo. la peggiore cosa che ho visto sono stati un paio di scaldamuscoli vecchi e grigi che coprivano un paio di affascinanti tacchi alti. a volte mi sembra che le persone non riescano proprio a capire la differenza tra un "outfit" e un "brutto outfit". non è che tutto quello che ti fa meritare un flash è una buona foto alla fine. non so se mi sono riuscita a spiegare bene. quello che so è che preferisco passare la serata ad ascoltare incomprensibili conversazioni in giapponese alla radio che guardare certe bruttezze.

random sobriety
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
pics from julia

I'll post pictures of the three dresses I've liked as soon as I manage to extract them from a video I made.
good night!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento


la mia etichetta
DISCLAIMER: Unless stated, the images used are not the property of Pluriball, and are not used for commercial purposes. When appropriate, photos will be linked to their respective retailers and designers within the post or are credited with the proper website, photo agency, or photographer.
If you own the rights to any of these images and do not wish them to appear on this site please contact PLURIBALL and they will be promptly removed.